We’re delighted that BBC Two drama Wolf Hall, which based production at The Bottle Yard Studios in 2014, has received a staggering eight Primetime Emmy Award nominations, including:
- Outstanding Limited Series – Wolf Hall
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or a Movie – Mark Rylance
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or a Movie – Damian Lewis
- Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series, Movie, or a Dramatic Special – Peter Kosminsky
- Outstanding Writing for a Limited Series, Movie, or a Dramatic Special – Peter Straughan
- Outstanding Casting for a Limited Series, Movie, or a Special – Laura Rosenthal, Carolyn Pickman
- Outstanding Costumes for a Period/Fantasy Series, Limited Series or Movie – Joanna Eatwell, Ken Lang, Clare Vyse
- Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Limited Series or a Movie – David Blackmore
The adaptation of Hilary Mantel’s Booker Prize-winning bestselling novels based production at The Bottle Yard Studios from May – August 2014 and filmed in Bristol with the support of Bristol Film Office. Locations including the city’s Harbour Walls and Bristol Cathedral, which doubled as Westminster Cathedral for the lavish coronation of Anne Boleyn scene.
During the four month shoot, Wolf Hall also filmed at a range of locations across the wider region including the Cathedrals at Wells, Winchester and Gloucester, and six National Trust properties Montacute House, Barrington Court, Lacock Abbey, Great Chalfield Manor, Chastleton House and Horton Court.
Pulling in nearly 4 million viewers with its first episode in January 2015, Wolf Hall became the most successful drama on BBC Two in a decade. It is a co-production of Company Pictures and Playground Entertainment for BBC Two and Masterpiece in association with BBC Worldwide, Altus Media and Prescience.
Congratulations to all at Company Pictures and everyone who worked on the production.
The 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will take place on 20 September 2015 in Los Angeles, California.